Crossing Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Story of Saiunkoku

Go down

The Story of Saiunkoku Empty The Story of Saiunkoku

Post  Julia Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:44 pm

This series came to my attention this weekend when I was hanging out at friends house. I was getting ready to leave and I was raiding her anime collection (which is freaking huge) and she suggested this series. I have only watched the first 5, but I have fallen in love with the characters. And of course, I fell in love with the first cute guy I saw. lol! But, after meeting the king, and hearing his voice (which is Brad Swaile, who is the voice acter for Light from Death Note), I feel in love with him. I am horrible with summeries, so I found one online and I will post it here.

Set in the fictional empire of Saiunkoku, the story centers on Shurei Hong, a descendant of a noble family that has fallen on hard times.

Her father works as a librarian in the Imperial palace, a post which offers prestige and respect, but little compensation. Shurei teaches in the temple school and works odd jobs to make ends meet, but her dream is to pass the imperial examinations and take a post in government, a path forbidden to women.

Shurei's plans come to an abrupt halt when the Emperor's Grand Advisor makes a startling offer for her to join the imperial household for six months as the young Emperor's consort and teach the Emperor to be a responsible ruler. If she succeeds, the financial reward will be great.

The story details Shurei's growing relationship with the Emperor and other members of the court, the intrigues of imperial politics, and her commitment to better herself and her country. (www.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Story_of_Saiunkoku)

The Story of Saiunkoku The_Story_of_Saiunkoku_characters
From left to right: Seiran Si, Shurei Hong, and Ryuki Shi
Julia
Julia
Pro
Pro

http://www.myspace.com/bandgeekpenguin

Back to top Go down