Crossing Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagaan

2 posters

Go down

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagaan Empty Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagaan

Post  B-rad Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:02 pm

Possibly the most awesome anime I've ever laid eyes on. 26 episodes of "Manly Speeches", Giant Robots, great musical feats, loveable characters, epic fights, and...bigger Giant Robots...?!?

TTGL has all of this and then some. I don't have much time at all until work, so I'll catch you all later and post more on the topic. But I will say this, if you haven't seen it, WATCH IT! You can't help but fall in love with the series.
B-rad
B-rad
BrAdmin

https://crossingdreams.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagaan Empty Re: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagaan

Post  Karu T'saiga Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:25 am

I gotta agree with Brad on this one, i just recently finished the series i gotta say its definitely in my top 10 for favorite anime of all time, and i doubt anything is gonna knock it out of its place anytime soon.

The characters,story,and fights are all brilliant. If your not attached to these characters and not wanting more after finishing it, you dont have a soul. And i say this after spending like a hour or so googling hoping to find some sort of hint for another season, even though i had a feeling it was finally over.

All good things come to a end right?

Do the impossible, see the invisible
ROW ROW, FIGHT DA POWAH
Touch the untouchable, break the unbreakable
ROW ROW, FIGHT DA POWAH
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagaan Gl10
Karu T'saiga
Karu T'saiga
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post  B-rad Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:42 am

An update for the TTGL fans:

Two movies have been released for the series, "Gurren-Hen" and "Lagaan-Hen". Basically, they split off and pretty much tell the whole story from beginning to end, breaking up into season one and two respectively. They use mostly the same footage with different voice actors (some good, some bad), and at the end of each movie, they change the final battle in attempt to add more "GAR" to it.

I must say that they utterly suceeded in Lagaan-Hen with the final battle. Adding in over 10 minutes of extra fight that wasn't used in the anime. All-in-all, the movies weren't that much different from the anime except for a few extra/hidden scenes here and there. I guess this one's just for those die-hard fans of TTGL (like myself) who just wanted more from the series.

Side Note:

There is also a manga out of "Gurren Gauken" which is a spin-off of the anime. It takes the characters from the series and throws them in a semi-modern day Japanese High-School setting. It's much more comedy based rather than pure action. It's still good for kicking back and reading if you just want to mix it up with some of your favorite characters.

I'll keep you all posted as I find out more.
B-rad
B-rad
BrAdmin

https://crossingdreams.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down