Crossing Dreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[WIP]Character Creation Method (27NOV2013)

2 posters

Go down

[WIP]Character Creation Method (27NOV2013) Empty [WIP]Character Creation Method (27NOV2013)

Post  B-rad Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:59 am

From my experience with Game Maker 8 and now Construct 2, I've come to the conclusion that running 2 separate executable files for the overall package:  a Main Client and a Character Creator.  The Character Creation would determine sprites, stat allocation, and play-style overall for the character, as well as run checks against creating over-powered characters by ensuring no over-allocation had been made in stat points or hit-boxes.
The Main Client would be the "game" part of the bundle and focus on drawing in character files (.char) and translating it's data into a playable character.  One final allocation would be preformed at game-launch to ensure no tampering to the files had been done outside of Character Creation.  If updates are made to the game, a new Main Client and Character Creator would need to be downloaded and stat-points for characters re-allocated before playing.

Stat points will be allocated as such:

Total Stat Points:  600
1 Health = 2 (Must have 1)
1 Stamina = 2
1 Move Speed = 10 (Must have 1) (Maximum of 5)
(in the future, these three stats may be in a pool of points all by themselves)
1 Basic ATK Damage = 5
1 Basic ATK Heal = 5
1 Basic ATK Range = 5
1 Basic ATK LifeSteal = 5
1 Basic ATK Heal = 5
1 Basic ATK ManaSteal =5
1 ATK Ability Slot = 15
(ATK Abilities will then cost subsequent points depending on their type and damage dealt)
1 DEF Ability Slot = 10
(DEF Abilities will then cost subsequent points depending on their type and buff given)
1 MOV Ability Slot = 20
(MOV Abilities will then cost subsequent points depending on their type and distance traveled)
1 ULT Ability Slot = 100 (Maximum of 1)

Note:  There will be recommended builds for certain types of characters like Tank, Healer, Brawler, and the like.
Note:  Also, these numbers are temporary and subject to change.  If a certain stat turns out to be overpowered, a global change will be made to remove unfairness.  That being said, it is up to me to determine unfairness.

With points allocated, the player will be able to get to character sprites, projectiles, and visual HUD appearances set up with relative ease.  When finished, players will save the character which will export it to a folder where the Main Client can read it in .char format. With this, comes hit-boxes. For now, hit boxes will be played on based on the character sprite, so fairness will come out of hitting an enemy player. That being said, players caught using exploits in this (not using sprites to get an unfair invincibility advantage) will be dealt with as though they had used profane images for their character sprites.
B-rad
B-rad
BrAdmin

https://crossingdreams.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

[WIP]Character Creation Method (27NOV2013) Empty Re: [WIP]Character Creation Method (27NOV2013)

Post  Julia Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:35 pm

Instead of having to download everything again if there is an update, couldn't we just do a patch type thing? Or would that not work?
Julia
Julia
Pro
Pro

http://www.myspace.com/bandgeekpenguin

Back to top Go down

[WIP]Character Creation Method (27NOV2013) Empty Re: [WIP]Character Creation Method (27NOV2013)

Post  B-rad Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:42 am

I've actually been working on this for a bit since the previous update.  I'll post what I have when I get it working.  It will still be some time yet, as I have not been working on it as much as I'd like to.

I did edit around the values, but the concept remains the same. I'm building it at the moment in Construct2 game building engine. It's operational, somewhat, but doesn't save to file yet, and when you quit out, the values reset. Once I get the build-a-skill section working, it should be fine.
B-rad
B-rad
BrAdmin

https://crossingdreams.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down